The full form of MBBS is
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
MBBS is the first breakthrough for every student who aspires to become a doctor. The two oldest professional medical graduate programs are a Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery.
It is technically a dual certification integrated into a single application and separately provided to the medical students. MBBS is the basic degree that one needs to hold to practice in any medical field. The completion of MBBS demands a lot of patience and hard work. One needs to be focused and dedicated to pursuing MBBS.
Eligibility For MBBS
This course is open to students who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at the higher secondary level. Also, the candidate must have English as the main subject in the 10+2 board examination . The age limit criteria for pursuing MBBS is that the candidate must have completed 17 years of age at their admission time.
The candidate has to get through the entrance test as well to be eligible for pursuing MBBS. As defined by the regulatory authorities for MBBS, there are also specific qualifying requirements as set by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Entrance Tes t For MBBS
Different admission tests are carried out in various medical colleges and hospitals throughout the region for the selection of medical professionals. Such entrance tests are administered at All Indian Levels or State levels by the management boards or organizations .
At the National level, the top medical entrance Tests are:
- AFMC : Armed Forces Medical College
- NEET / AIPMT
- AIIMS : All India Institute of Medical Science
- AIMS CET : Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Common Entrance Test
- DPMT – (Delhi University Pre-Medical Test)
- JIPMER : Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
- PGIMER : Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh
- CET Punjab : Common Entrance Test Punjab
- CMC Vellore : Christian Medical College Vellore
To start a career in the field of medicine, the candidate must crack any of the above entrance tests. Moreover, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the common entrance test for MBBS. This is the only entrance test for admission to the MBBS course and is accepted by both government and private institutions.
Course Duration For MBBS
The total duration of MBBS is 5.5 years that is scheduled as 4.5 years of academic education and a one-year mandatory internship . The one year of rotational internships organized by non-profit organizations (NGOs) at hospitals, health centers, and healthcare camps.
Also Read: MBBS in Ukraine
Top Colleges For MBBS
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- JIPMER Medical College, Puducherry
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Bangalore Medical College (BMC), Bangalore
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana
Syllabus and Subjects For MBBS
Throughout the course, aspiring doctors not only learn about everything in and around the medical and healthcare industry in the MBBS course curriculum but also learn the ethical practices, get work experience with hospital and volunteer projects. T
The curriculum includes the study of various subjects, i.e.
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Career and Scope In MBBS
The demand for medical professionals is rising day after day as a result of the unfortunate rise in conditions and illnesses. After the completion of MBBS, one can go for Post-graduation in a specific field or can start his/her clinic or can get employment in hospitals as a doctor.
It is the professional field with 100% job placement. Students can work as a doctor in private as well as government hospitals.
Top recruiting organizations for the MBBS students are:
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd
- Cipla Ltd
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Ans. M.B.B.S.: Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery; an international medical degree equivalent to an M.D. in the U.S. system (also abbreviated as M.B., Ch.B.; M.B., B.Ch.; M.B., B.Chir.)
Ans. The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine, and Bachelor of Surgery. In Latin, the Bachelor of Surgery means Medicinae Baccalaureus, and Bachelor of Surgery means Baccalaureus Chirurgiae
Ans. It is very tough to pursue the MBBS course. Medical Line is quite tough as compared to Engineering Field. A Medical Degree has been never easy. MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is the most popular and designated degree of doctors