The Indian Institute of Management or often just called IIM Indore or IIMI is a Business School located in the city of Indore in the Indian State of Madhya Pradesh. IIM Indore was established in 1996, making it the 6th member of the IIM Family in India and is an institute that holds National Importance.
The campus spans a total area of 193 acres, and Mukesh Ambani laid the foundation stone of this campus on 3rd October 1998.
IIM Indore has been ranked 5th amongst IIMs by the NIRF rankings and 6th by India Today.
IIM Indore offers various courses with different specializations. The following are the courses you can choose from to study at IIM Indore.
- Post Graduation Programme (PGP), a two-year fully residential program.
- Executive Post Graduation Programme in Management, one year fully residential program.
- Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives, a two-year alternate weekend course.
- Fellow Programme in Management.
- Integrated Programme in Management, a five-year residential program that comprises both a BA and an MBA.
If we say Indian students always face intense competition when it comes to securing admissions in various prestigious educational institutions and IIM Indore is no exception to this statement. The admission process at IIM Indore, like any other IIM, is a multi-layer process that gives weightage not only to academics but also your extracurriculars and your work experience.
The first step for securing a seat at IIM Indore is to qualify the Common Aptitude Test popularly known as the CAT examination by securing marks equivalent to or greater than the cut-off marks.
Following the clearance of the aptitude test, the qualified students have to then appear for the Written Ability Test or the WAT. Then the candidate is required to appear for a Personal Interview Round.
After the Interview Round, final selection marks are based on different parameters which include-
- Class 10th scores. Your class 10th scores carry an overall weightage of 10%.
- Class 12th scores. Your class 12th scores carry an overall weightage of 10%.
- CAT Examination scores. Your CAT scores carry a weightage of 20%.
- WAT Scores. Your written aptitude test carries a weightage of 20%.
- Personal Interview. The scores you get in your interview will carry a weightage of 40%.
- Overall fees for the PGP Program at IIM Indore comes around Rs. Sixteen Lakhs( 16,00,000).
- The fees of the Executive Post Graduate Programme at IIM Indore comes at around Rs. Twenty Lakhs( 20,00,000).
- If you want to pursue the Integrated Programme in Management, you have to shell about Rs. Twenty Lakhs( 20,00,000).
- Post Graduate Programme- 451 seats.
- Executive Post Graduate Programme- 40 seats.
- Integrated Programme in Management- 120 seats.
To accommodate all of its students, there are a total of 18 hostels in the College campus. Every room in the campus is equipped with LAN ports, which provide a high-speed internet connection to its students, and the internet speed in hostels is around 1 Gbits/second. The hostels at IIM Indore are made future proof i.e., the hostel capacity of students can be increased in the future if the need arises.
IIM Indore gives heavy emphasis to sports within the college premises and to provide the students with all the basic sporting facilities. There is a sports complex that comprises a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a squash court, and an auditorium. Also, the hostels are equipped with Badminton, Volleyball, and Basketball courts.
IIM Indore, which came into existence in 1996, was established as the sixth Indian Institute of Management after IIM Calcutta (1961), IIM Ahmedabad (1961), IIM Bangalore (1973), IIM Lucknow (1984) and IIM Kozhikode (1996)
IIM Indore has been awarded the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation by EFMD, the globally recognized international organization for management development. The EQUIS Accreditation Board voted to confer EQUIS Accreditation on IIM Indore on December 10, 2019. IIM Indore is now the second IIM in the nation to receive triple accreditations, bringing glory to the Institute with a ‘Triple Crown’, i.e. receiving all the three prominent accreditations — Association of MBAs (AMBA, UK); The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB, USA); and EQUIS, European Union. This combination of accreditations is held by less than one percent of business schools in the world, granted by the largest and most influential business school accreditation agencies. As of March 2019, the ‘Triple Crown’ was received by only 90 business schools globally, out of the 13,000+ schools offering business degree programs.
In 2011, IIM Indore launched the Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM). It is the first of its kind program in India aimed at attracting students who have passed the higher secondary school.
IIM Indore started offering its two-year full-time (residential) Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at Ras al-Khaimah (UAE) in 2011. It is the first IIM to have started operations outside India. In 2013, IIM Indore shifted its Ras al-Khaimah operations to Dubai. However, in 2014, it shut down its operations in its UAE campus.
The institute also offered its two-year full-time (non-residential) Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) in Mumbai, from 2012 till 2019. To date, no IIM has had a presence in the financial capital of India (Mumbai). Currently, the Institute also offers Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives (PGPMX) in Mumbai.
In 2011, IPM was launched by IIM Indore. Five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind in India. The program has been accredited by the Association of MBAs, AMBA London (4th and 5th Year). It is a unique and creative program meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Through the IPM, IIM Indore seeks to attract young students, and mold them as outstanding leaders through world-class education. IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools across India.
To produce contextually relevant, socially-conscious managers and leaders with a foundation of world-class education in social sciences followed by management education.
Given the nature of the program learning goals of IPM are split into those for the first 3 years and the last two years.
Learning goals for the first three years of the program:
The IPM will enable students to:
1. Demonstrate language skills
2. Demonstrate oral communication skills
3. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
4. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
5. Enhance physical well-being
Learning goals of the last two years
The last two years of the program are at the Post-graduate level and the IPM students are mixed with the PGP program students and they go through the same set of courses as the PGP program. Hence the learning goals for these two years are the same as that of the PGP Programme. These goals are:
1. Enable students to understand the relevance of context in business
2. Develop social consciousness
3. Develop critical thinking skills
4. Inculcate integrative thinking ability
5. Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
6. Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analyses, and reports.
7. Develop competence in quantitative analysis
8. Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
The Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics, and Economics build analytical rigor.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology, and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Humanities, Literature, and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
IPM students are prepared for leadership positions and accountability in
the various sectors by combining theoretical rigor with specific exposition.
After 3 years of extensive studies in the foundational disciplines, IPM students will train as managers, along with students undertaking
the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5 of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Management Program (PGP).
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 2, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.
The Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017 came into force on January 31, 2018. At the end of the five-year Integrated Program, participants would receive a Bachelor of Arts (Foundations of Management) and a Master of Business Administration (Dual Degree Program) from IIM Indore upon successful completion of the program requirements